9th, 10th and 11th Grades
• It is never too early to start thinking about college costs.
• Talk to one of our counselors if you have concerns at this time.
Summer Before 12th Grade
• Get organized.
• Utilize financial aid/net price calculators.
• Consider schools that offer merit scholarships.
• Research outside scholarship opportunities.
Fall of 12th Grade
• If applying early, complete and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (PROFILE), available Oct. 1st.
• Complete and submit scholarship applications.
• In December, gather financial information and tax documents for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Winter of 12th Grade
• Prepare income tax returns as early as possible.
• Complete and submit the FAFSA as soon as possible after Jan. 1st.
• Submit the PROFILE and any school-specific financial applications.
Spring of 12th Grade
• Carefully review and compare financial aid and scholarship offers.
• If you do not have a financial aid package for each of your colleges by April 15th, see your college counselor right away.
• By May 1st, submit a deposit at the college you will attend.
• If needed, research loan options and complete loan applications.